Saturday, September 3, 2011

Southern Belle...



I have been meaning to go see The Help since it came out. Yesterday was the last summer friday of the year so the BF and I left work and walked to Kips Bay to see a matinée. What a touching, beautiful, and charmingly funny film! After a little research this morning, I learned the costumes were designed by Sharen Davis, you can read more about her here.

I love the silhouettes of the 1960's era so much, one of my favorite dresses has a full skirt and nipped in waist. The beautiful frocks pictured above are available at Modcloth. The designer of the first two dresses, Eva Franco, happens to have a beautiful blog as well! I love learning more about up and coming designers and seeing what makes them tick.

To find the dresses that inspired the sketches:
1. Pop Goes the Easel Dress by Eva Franco
2. Dice as Nice Dress by Eva Franco
3. Frock Band Dress by BB Dakota

I hope everyone has a nice Labor Day weekend... time to soak up some of those last summer rays!

5 comments:

  1. Aw so wonderful!! The dresses are simply lovely.

    Meag xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww... those dresses are so sweet and such a in the style of 50s! I could have them all in my closet:) beautiful picture as always Joanna, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus you are talented! Just discovered your blog, I love it. Check out ours at www.southmoltonststyle.com - would you consider doing some illustration work for us? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Meagan- Thanks! I'm so excited for this weeks festivities =)
    @ Flara- Aw thanks, I love little sundresses like these.
    @ SMS Style- Thanks for your comments! I'm flattered, what did you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so lovely! I wanted all of them!<3

    ReplyDelete